Head Office Vacancies
Regional Manager-Schools Ministry Group
The Regional Manager (full time) facilitates the effectiveness, growth, resourcing and development of Chaplaincy Services through the engagement of Pastoral Care Workers in partnership with the Combined Church Support Groups across SA.
The role includes collaboration with a wide variety of people including Schools and Inter-Church Support Groups, providing support, training and encouragement to Pastoral Care Workers and undertaking their performance reviews. Applicants should have a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively the vision and mission of SMG and the chaplaincy program, and work collaboratively and respectfully with people of different beliefs and values.
- Facilitate the appointment of Pastoral Care Workers and carry out regular reviews
- Consult and liaise closely with Ministers’ Associations / Inter-Church groups (Support Groups) and schools in order to facilitate the appointment and ongoing management of Pastoral Care Workers
- Facilitate support, training, encouragement, resourcing and pastoral care for Pastoral Care Workers.
- Develop and deliver in-service training events for Pastoral Care Workers in close liaison with other SMG staff.
- Ability to work with and respect people with different beliefs and values, engage effectively in negotiation and conflict resolution and be open to challenge and change.
- Applicants must have a personal commitment to Christian faith and values, an active involvement in a Christian community and be able to give adherence to the beliefs held in common by supporting churches, as stated in the Nicene Creed
A job and person specification together with information on how to apply can be obtained from email@example.com or by phoning 8378 6800.
Please send your application marked confidential by 9am Monday 21 August 2017 to:
Human Resources Manager – Helen Bates
Schools Ministry Group 12 Angus Avenue, Edwardstown SA 5039 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Wellbeing Coordinator – Murraylands
SMG Community Services in partnership with Murraylands Communities for Children are excited to call for applications for a Community Wellbeing Coordinator, to work with school communities across Murray Bridge and Callington.
This is a 0.6 FTE position, contracted until 30 June 2019, with possible extension, subject to funding. There is a probationary period of six months.
The purpose of the Community Wellbeing Coordinator is to facilitate access to, and deliver where appropriate, support to children and families in need, to develop and deliver strategies that support the development of social and emotional capacity in children and families, and to support local schools and community organisations (including churches) to encourage a daily communal wellbeing conversation.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Develop and source social and emotional learning tools through The Wellbeing Classroom, providing implementation support to schools, with the direct involvement of parents and the wider community
To promote parents as the primary educator of their child, and to develop fruitful partnerships between school, home, and the wider community
To see the wider community, including the local church, proactively involved in schools to enhance the wellbeing of children and young people
Support the ongoing development of SMG Community Services and its vision
For more information, to speak to someone further about the position, or for a Job and Person Specification and details of how to apply, please contact SMG on
8378 6800 or via email at email@example.com
Send your application, marked confidential, via post or email, to:
Human Resources Manager
Schools Ministry Group
12 Angus Avenue
EDWARDSTOWN SA 5039