This Policy applies to Schools Ministry Group Incorporated (referred to as SMG, ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’) and extends to and covers all operations and functions of the organisation.
We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 and we comply with all of the Act's requirements in respect of the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
Collection of Information
Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. Without these details we would not be able to carry on our business and provide our services to you. We will only collect such personal information if it is necessary for one of our functions or activities.
What personal Information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of information:
- Marital status
- Religion and/or church affiliation
- Mailing or street address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Facsimile number
- Age or birth date
- Profession, occupation or job title
- Details of the services you have received from us or which you have enquired about, or which you have observed us providing to someone else, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those services and to respond to your enquiries;
- Any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- Information you provide to us through our head office, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- Through your access and use of our website
- During conversations between you and our representatives
- When you make a donation
- When you complete an application to become an employee or volunteer
- We may also collect personal information from third parties including: third parties such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies, governments, (Federal, State, Local) and government entities.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- We may not be able to provide the requested services to you, either to the same standard or at all
- We may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful
- We may not be able to provide you with appropriate documentation for donations or fees received by us
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide services to you and to send communications requested by you
- To answer enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new service
- To provide you with access to protected areas of our website
- To assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website
- To meet our legal obligations in terms of child safety and other requirements
- To conduct business processing functions including providing personal information to our service providers or other third parties
- For the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, program or service development, quality control and research purposes of SMG or its service providers
- To provide your updated personal information to our contractors or service providers
- To update our records and keep your contact details up to date
- To process and respond to any complaint made by you; and
- To comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country)
How can you access and correct your personal information?
SMG is committed to maintaining accurate, timely, relevant and appropriate information about our customers, clients and web-site users.
So long as your request for your personal information is in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles, then we will give you access to that information.
Inaccurate information will be corrected upon receiving advice to this effect from you. To ensure confidentiality, details of your personal information will be passed on to you only if we are satisfied that the information relates to you.
If we refuse to provide you with access or correct the personal information held about you by us, then we will provide reasons for such refusal.
We will investigate your complaint and attempt to resolve any breach that might have occurred in relation to the collection, use or destruction of personal information held by us about you in accordance with the Australian Privacy legislation. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this procedure then you may request that an independent body, usually the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) investigate your complaint.
Changes to policy